Sunday, July 04, 2010

Exploring Long Island's East End

This past weekend, I had the pleasure of exploring Long Island's North Fork with fellow Suffolk County photographers Linda, Tony, Joe and Ann. The highlight of the day for me was the opportunity to explore Orient, New York, which is at the eastern end of the North Fork. Local farmers do a bisk business at the local farm stands, take advantage of the distance to shopping malls. The rich soils here were pushed down from New England by the last major glaciation.

This occasional blog is over five years old and this weekend Carla and I are celebrating our tenth anniversary. So nice to have a place to record the milestones in our lives. I don't have to feel self-conscious about how infrequent I post here, since blogs are yesterday's news: the pulse of innovation has moved on facebook and twitter.

No comments: